Sunday, November 9, 2008

Slow Bee I - ALMOST There!

I was so excited to hit the end of clue 10 on the Slow Bee KAL shawl - I started this baby in May and managed to keep up with the progress until clue 6. Then it all spiraled downhill. I managed to work on it here and there, but still, no end was in sight.

Until 2 days ago.

That's when I finished clue 10 and I could move on to the edging! I worked on it at the Late Night Knit and got 2 rows finished (which is amazing considering each row is 815 stitches and I was talking and chatting with the other guests). I looked at my bead stash and felt my heart sink - did I have enough? So yesterday morning I counted them out and sure enough, I didn't have close to enough.

I ran out to Kim's Creative Beads and thankfully she had more in stock. I am starting to work on the edging again, and I plan on having it done by the end of the week, pending no life crises or emergencies. I want to put on a beaded bind off, straying from the instructions, so I will need to find something soon. Stay posted on the results and keep your fingers crossed for me! Pictures to follow soon, I promise.

No comments: